Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

resetting Hub 3.0 due to security password failed

Hi

I have tried to log into my hub this morning due to my devices saying my WiFi security was weak but the setting password has failed to match, even after 3 default reset attempts as advised using the step by step guides. What are my next options please on both matters?

Weak security message

"WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered secure. If this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3 security type"

Thanks

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: resetting Hub 3.0 due to security password failed

Hi cococo,

When logging into the hub you need the numerical 8 digit settings password printed on the base of your hub. If that doesn't work you may need to reboot your hub and try again.

This sticky post explains about /iOS-14-Weak-Security  Basically it's just Apple going over the top.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks dave, yes i can confirm the correct password was used.

What would my next steps be?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cococo,

Have you tried a pinhole reset? 

Press and keep holding the reset button for a timed 60 seconds, then leave the router alone for around 10 minutes whilst it restores itself to factory settings.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos