cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pop up appeared

ALF28
Super solver

Virgin media  web site.

I had a strange redirect page like a popup today, which was purple and black with a virgin logo and had buttons to press such as continue, account details, menu etc. This did not affect the email page, just the virgin account page.

This pevented easy access to the myvirgin media profile, the pop up redirect took over and locked out myvirgin media, by pressing sign in a few times got rid of it. but it was on all my primary and secondary accounts.

Tonight the pop up had gone, so was this virgin trying out something new, of a fault or some type or intrusion and if that was the case could that explain my recent issues with passwords/security issues.

never had this before?- did anyone else get this redirect/popup

I will reset my browser and do an antivirus scan.

alf28

12 REPLIES 12

Just one incident today of the a new page showing , after viewing my email, I  then clicked on my account and the web site came up as a different layout and colours to the ususal one, similar to the help page layout but different with boxes. The colours were purple and black which is the same as the help page colours.

I should have copied the web address to see if it was different to the normal web site address, but the new version reverted back to the normal web page after a short while.

Also the bills were not working sometimes.

It only happend once for a minute or so, and only in the edge browser.

I have cleared cookies and cache from edge and also reset edge the browser, and cleaned my laptop using cc cleaner. Other browsers such as firefox and chrome bring up the web site normally

I suspect when it happens the log in may be going via ox app  suit  (liberty global), rather than re-directing to virgin media, and may be bringing up a different version.

If it happens again I will post the web page address which may clarify the issue, so will see if it happens again.

Virgin Media Mail Sign in

also see recent post-

OX APP Suite AGAIN!! - Virgin Media Community - 4887773

alf28

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The MVM website is going through a makeover and a lot of it isn't working properly/at all.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/New-look-Welcome-screen-Can-t-access-my-secondary-account...

Thanks goslow for reply, and the link to other similar posting thread.

Others are reporting having similar issues to me, so it is not my computer but virgin changing the web site.

I would have thought that they would have tested out any changes in a beta version before going live with intermittant changes that affect the web site operations and confuse customers, so that it was tried and tested first.

Not sure if the ox app suit posting  is linked  to this issue.

alf28