Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent report of invalid SSL certificate: but only when I connect via virginmedia

Anyway, I converted the PDFs to JPG.

Here they are:

COMODO_RSA_Certification_Authority_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Certification_Authority_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

  x

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-2.jpg

   x

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-2.jpg

   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: intermittent report of invalid SSL certificate: but only when I connect via virginmedia

Anyway I converted the PDFs to JPG.

Here is the root certificate:

COMODO_RSA_Certification_Authority_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Certification_Authority_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Here is the intermediate certificate:

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

COMODO_RSA_Organization_Validation_Secure_Server_CA_Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-2.jpg

   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Here is the online banking certificate:

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-0.jpg

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-1.jpg

Certificate_for_service.oneaccount.com-2.jpg

   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for posting the images. Will work my way through them but I noticed use of depreciated MD5 fingerprint, are you using an older version of MacOS and/or Safari?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The certificate SHA-1 fingerprint for:

• COMODO RSA Certification Authority
    AF E5 D2 44 A8 D1 19 42 30 FF 47 9F E2 F8 97 BB CD 7A 8C B4
  • COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
    10 4C 63 D2 54 6B 80 21 DD 10 5E 9F BA 5A 8D 78
    16 9F 6B 32
  • service.oneaccount.com are correct
    82 47 E9 19 2A 1C F0 1E E4 BC 51 80 9B 21 46 87 B5 DA 65 D1

are correct, as far as I can see. Further more the root certificate COMODO RSA Certification Authority is from your operating system's Trust Store and, as the name implies, is implicitly trusted. So for the moment I am stumped as to why it should intermittently not be trusted and only when using your Virgin Media connection when all would reference the same Trust Store certificate. Firefox has it own Trust Store and the same observations  apply there too.

Out of curiosity are you using Rapport in Safari and Firefox?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@用心棒 wrote:

Thank you for posting the images. Will work my way through them but I noticed use of depreciated MD5 fingerprint, are you using an older version of MacOS and/or Safari?

MacOS version is 10.11.6 (El Capitan). I guess these days that counts as "older" 😊

Safari version is 11.1.2.

I normally use Firefox for my all my browsing. It is regularly updated.

If Firefox encounters a problem displaying some webpage, often comparing the behaviour of Firefox with that of Safari can help diagnose the problem. I don't use Safari for regular browsing.

On this occasion I used Safari to display the certificates because it actually provides the certificate information when the connection fails. By contrast, Firefox just says The page isn't directing properly and doesn't give any indication that it is a certificate problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

When the issue next occurs see if using private browsing mode makes any difference; in Firefox press Cmd + Shift + P or in Safari Cmd + Shift + N

Also consider making One Account aware of the issue with the aim of them investigating when it next occurs or use Firefox's Developer Tools' Network Monitor to see what re-directing is occurring.

0 Kudos