Menu
Pauleywauley
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

identity fraud yet another attack!!!

PLEASE HELP ME.

Been on going since the end of November last year, I phone 12 Pro ordered online NOT BY ME AND NOT DELIVERED TO MY ADDRESS, Phoned numerous times absolutely no help at all, Virgin have set up un -authorised Direct Debits to re coup £1700 freestyle loan from me I just can't get passed to speak to the fraud team or a line manager regarding this, I suffer with Mental Health problems, am extremely vulnerable, my wife is in tears with no outcome over the last 2 Months PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. Paul.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: identity fraud yet another attack!!!

Hi Paulywauley, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry to hear that this has happened and I can fully appreciate any upset caused. 

We can certainly take a closer look into this for you and see what's been going on, but as you've advised it wasn't done by you we won't be able to discuss any account specifics. 

I'm going to pop you a personal message now and we'll see what we can do from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Pauleywauley
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just as expected, been nearly 72 hours since promised a call-back regarding updates to the Fraud on my account - no call no email nothing.

The customer service from Virgin on this has been utterly shocking, no updates since the end of November last year, on the last 5 times I have phoned virgin, I’ve been promised an update within 3 to 5 days - absolutely nothing in all this time and the £1700 balance on my account is still there - this is very traumatic with probably being blacklisted now in the wake of this fraud through no fault of my own, i think the fraud phone is still active as nothing again has been done leaving me and my wife very distraught and having to deal with all the associated problems this has caused with cancelling direct debits and having un - authorised payments taken from my bank account.

Can someone please help me - this is the second time I’ve asked this now - its a bloody joke.

0 Kudos
Pauleywauley
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Emma c, think, cause of you and your input, had a call Wednesday evening and was sorted with 1 call.

I can't understand why there has been the need for at least 7 calls to customer service with no outcome and no resolution though,

Virgin really need to sort out the ease of ordering very expensive Phones and contracts - all done online with no security checks and have the handset delivered to an address which is different from the account holders address all done online with an e signature whatever that is.

It's the lack of security checks which worries me the most with no notification to the account holder untill the handset has been processed and sent out.

BIG THANK YOU EMMA C, but it really shouldn't be allowed to get to this stage with no call back at all from Resolution or the fraud team, this should have been picked up after the first call and not allowed to get to this stage of utter frustration from my and my Wife's part. Shame on you Virgin!!!

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Pauleywauley

Glad to hear that you've since had a phone call and it's all been sorted. 

I really am sorry that this wasn't done the first time around and the team will take on board your feedback.

Do let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos