cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i believe i have had my bank account details stolen and a virgin account has been setup with them

Thumann
Tuning in

i recently had an email from my credit reporting service saying a virgin communications account is being added to my credit report, i do not have a virgin account.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you been in touch with your bank, your credit reporting service and Action Fraud to report this and investigate further and/or check for any other unusual activity where your personal information might be (mis)used?

There could be a variety of explanations, some innocent and some not. Could be a case of an administrative error or might be a potential case of identity theft.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thumann,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you may have been a victim of fraud, have you managed to speak to us in regards to this, have we been able to help in regards to the Direct Debit being set up?

Regards

Paul.

I have not, i have tried the online advisor chat but the wait was 1hr last time i tried to speak to an online advisor. Is there a number i could phone to speak to a person instead of a robot?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Thumann wrote:

i recently had an email from my credit reporting service saying a virgin communications account is being added to my credit report, i do not have a virgin account.

Just to clarify.

it is extremely unusual for accounts in respect of broadband and TV services to appear on credit files. On the other hand it is equally unusual for  mobile phone contracts not to appear on credit files.

Therefore, if the information from your credit reporting service is correct this new entry will almost certainly relate to a Virgin Mobile mobile phone contract rather than a Virgin Media broadband contract.

To be honest you need to get those details from your credit file so you have some definitive information to work with.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Thunmann,

Thanks for letting us know.

Are you sure that the email you have received was genuine? Has it come from a credit rating site?

Have you also received any communications from ourselves regarding an account?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

I believe it is genuine, as i checked it on the clear score site myself, i have not received any communication regarding an account from virgin, this i assume is because the account will be setup with a different email and phone to my own, the comment above was helpful reference who to see e.g. in relation to identity fraud and i will phone them or email as soon as i can, however i'd also like this to be dealt with on virgins end before money is taken from my account. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Hi there @Thumann

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this has happened! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can grab some details from you and hopefully get this all straightened out for you! 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thanks again.