cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacked?

Priestfieldlad
Tuning in

Hi all,

we've been with vm so long that it's a blueyonder email address with the account. I created a virginmedia email address and last night and today can no longer access it. Concerned it's been hacked. How can I get VM to check and sort.

TIA

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Priestfieldlad

Thanks for posting on our community forum! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

Have you checked the email sticky here

Also, have you tried a password reset on the account?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Priestfieldlad

Thanks for posting on our community forum! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues.

Have you checked the email sticky here

Also, have you tried a password reset on the account?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis,

thanks for the message. The issue is that while it is a virginmedia email address, it is not the one for the account and I don't have it on my VM email web access. Up to this point I have had no problem then last night suddenly I couldn't gain access. Trouble is that it is now my main address. I wouldn't even be able to delete it.

Can VM help me fix this?

J

Sorry Travis,

have clicked on your link and see now what you mean, and am doing that, though as yet without success in sorting things. Will let you know.

Many thanks

J

Hi Travis

have tried changing password, deleting account on phone and reinstalling but no luck. 
Glad it seems to be a VM issue rather than a hack but since it’s me most used account I need a quick fix. Any other ideas?

Thanks

J

Hi Travis

sorted!!

Thanks 

j

Hi Priestfieldlad,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for the update, glad to hear you now have access again, what actually fixed it, was it the password change?.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

truth is I don’t know. Changed password and nothing happened immediately. Tried later and things worked. 
grateful for help

J

No problem and thank you so much for letting us know. We're very glad this is back up and running. 

If you ever need any help in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch via the forums and we will do all we can to help as best we can!

Thanks again.