cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hacked account, emails deleted

Sick_of_VM
Tuning in

My emails account has been hacked. I have changed the password etc, but my emails between 7/6 and today have been deleted. is there a way of getting them back. I dont seem to be able to contact virgin to ask them. Any help would be most appreciated thank you

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: follow the advice here to re-secure the account, My Virgin Media account has been hacked

If the deleted emails cannot be found in webmail's Trash folder then unfortunately they are unrecoverable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sick_of_VM wrote: Any help would be most appreciated thank you

In addition to the advice from @用心棒 I would add that the fact the hacker has deleted your emails suggests that they have also hacked one or more of your other online accounts (such as Amazon for example) and are  busy scamming that for all it's worth.

They do that to hide the emails that show their dodgy transactions they have made on your other online accounts.

That's why the VM helpsheet advises you to check for an  autoforward on your VM account but you also need to check for rogue filter rules as well,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you definitely need to check all of you online accounts for fraudulent transactions.

As to the future. I would seriously consider moving to a more secure email service,especially for use in conjunction with your financially sensitive accounts such as Amazon, eBay and Paypal.

I hate to say it, but to be honest, if as a result of this hacking you have lost a month's emails you will have got off lightly.  Check your other online accounts and implement any additional security facilities such as 2 factor authentication that they offer.

I hope that's helpful even if it's not what you wanted to hear.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Sick_of_VM

I am so sorry to hear that your email account was hacked, I understand how stressful this must be for you.

Have you followed @ 用心棒 's advice and visited https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked for steps on what to do next?

Were you able to recover your lost emails from the trash folder?

Please do let me know.

Best wishes,

Serena