email scam

trev23
On our wavelength

got a email this morning looked very official

subject

We could not processes your last bill

Single Column

Dear t.---@ntlworld.com,

The payment for your latest VirginMedia Bill failed. It appears that some of the billing details associated with your account have expired.

Your service is pending disconnection on:
15 March 2018

To avoid interruption of service we strongly recommend that you update your billing details now.

Click here to update your billing details [link removed by mod]

Thank you for being a VirginMedia customer!

VirginMedia 

Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 9UP
Registered in England and Wales with number 2591237

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I would have thought virgin mail would have spotted that one, but no it got through. I knew it was spam because it was sent to the wrong email address.

so the next question is if I mark as spam will it stop virgins emails getting through?

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

12 REPLIES 12

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Oaksie wrote:

I almost fell for it... I was asked to fill out my bank details to finish off my updating of my direct debit set up with virgin at the bank.  I

Phew !!!! Damn you have to be so careful!!!!! 

Actually, it is really simple.

All you have to remember is  never click on a link to your account sign in page in any email.

It does not matter whether you think the email is a scam or not.

If you are asked in an email to sign into your online account always use the bookmark or shortcut that you normally use.

Follow that simple rule and you cannot go far wrong.Smiley Wink

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I received this scam email today, it looked very convincing so I checked my payments had gone through OK.

I have forwarded the email to phishing, the address was webteam@virginmedia.com.org , be aware.

I also received a couple of these scam emails recently. 

The link from Start the billing verification points to https:// moliabokraz dot com / stusk