cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from Virgin ref VMIS158-SUSPICIOUS_ACTIVITY-F009358038

ChrisS45
Joining in

I have recently received this email message from Virgin, one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

I have run Malwarebytes on my Mac and nothing is reported as a problem, it is the latest version, my email is working and is not locked.

My children have mailboxes but do not use this internet connection as they are not here.

Why have I received this?

Can I ignore this as I can't find any Malware?

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

A sort-of explanation from VM is in the sticky post at the top of the forum

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Malware-letter-email-accounts-locked-mailbox-u...

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisS45,

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you received one of these emails, we do send them if something has been detected and we advise you to run malware and update/change passwords for security.

Zoie

thanks very helpful

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're welcome ChrisS45. 

How have things been since your last post, is everything still working okay?

Thanks 

Nat

pgconnolly54
Joining in

I just (27 Aug 2022) had the same message.  I was assured by Virgin that it was not a scam.  My suspicions had been aroused because there is ©️2013 at the end of the message.

In these troubled times I do think Virgin might take a little more care over such things.

Hi pgconnolly54, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the email, has it given you instructions on your next steps? ^Chris. 

I'd already done the right things before the mail arrived.  The mail just wasted my time as it looked so suspicious that I rang up Virgin Mission Control to check.

Hi pgconnolly54,

Thanks for coming back to us with an update about this, I am sorry it caused concern for you. 

We will send your feedback off to the team so they can review how their Emails look to customers. 

I am sorry for the confusion/concern it caused. 

Is everything okay with your Mailbox now?

Thanks,

Megan_L

Believe so, thanks