cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email from Virgin Media promotions

joannamc
Tuning in

I have received an email with the subject     " Renew your contract today"    the reason I am checking is that promotions emails usually come from an address ending   .com    and this one has come from an address ending    .co.uk

The message goes on to say

We’ve made it easy. Just click the button below for all the details, including your exclusive offer price.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The email starts

Hello JOANNA

and yes Joanna is all in upper case

It would be so much easier if you could ask Virgin Media if an email address was genuine or not. It's very simple as in my original question

.com  or .co.uk

joannamc

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi joannamc,

Thank you for your post. Can you confirm the full email address you have received the email from?

We should be able to confirm from that if this is a legit email.

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

The full email address was   email@em.virginmedia.co.uk

Previous emails of this nature have come from the same source except for  .com instead of  .co.uk

joannamc

Anankha
Problem sorter

Does the email refer to you by name or by ‘Dear customer’?
Usually scams are generic & start with Dear customer or Dear user.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

The email starts

Hello JOANNA

and yes Joanna is all in upper case

It would be so much easier if you could ask Virgin Media if an email address was genuine or not. It's very simple as in my original question

.com  or .co.uk

joannamc

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately it isn't as clear cut as that.  It is extremely easy to send an email that appears to come from a particular email address.  So whether or not the address appears to be a genuine VM one there is no guarantee that it is actually genuine rather than a spoof. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks