cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

child safe keeps disabling itself

prvir70
Dialled in

Hi , just realised my child safe is no longer working, everytime I enable it , it disables it self. Ive lost all the websites I had blocked aswell .

any ideas? I can access anything online now and I'm trying to keep my kids protected and can't!?

32 REPLIES 32

Joshua451
Joining in

@prvir70 wrote:

Hi , just realised my child safe is no longer working, everytime I enable it , it disables it self. Ive lost all the websites I had blocked aswell .

any ideas? I can access anything online now and I'm trying to keep my kids protected and can't!?

The only way to prevent this is intercept DNS requests at the routing level for the Kindle device to essentially force DNS traffic through Virgin Media's DNS resolvers, but this requires advanced networking knowledge and certain requirements in terms of your network to do.

Perhaps restricting the use of this browser on the Kindle is your workaround and use a browser where the DNS resolvers aren't modified and use the DHCP provided ones from your Virgin Media Super Hub.

No sorry you miss understood nothing to do with kindle , it's virgins child safe option as part of websafe that's the problem. if just disables itself, it's worked for two years up until this week.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you turn Web Safe on can you confirm it is working by trying to visit https://nordvpn.com'; default configuration of Web Safe is to block access to VPN websites.

Consider changing your password, then turn Web Safe on and see if the issue persists; if it does restore your original password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, prvir70,

Has 用心棒's advice been able to get things resolved for you?

Cheers,

Corey C

thanks, changing password did it. how annoying is that bug. 

Thanks for your reply and update. Glad to hear it worked.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@prvir70 wrote:

thanks, changing password did it. how annoying is that bug. 

Maybe someone other than you knew the previous password and was using that knowledge to turn Web Safe off.

no it was reverting back everytime I refreshed the page. tried it for a few days, just constantly resetting until I changed the password. must be a bug.

thanks anyway

Actually just checked it today and its resetting and disabling itself again.  I tried resetting the password again (which i receive 4 confirmation emails!) but doesnt make any difference.

I`ve also emailed ebsafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk middle of last week which i havent had any response from.

Any other ideas?
Thanks