Menu
mojo2020
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

changing userid.

Hi, I want to change my sign in userid (email address)...but can't using the MY Profile page. It's probably because it's linked to a Webspace together with another email. Both these are BLUEYONDER accounts. So, how can I remove/delete the WEBSPACE and associated email address then change my sign in userid?

Help much appreciated.

Mojo

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing userid.

Hi Mojo2020,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry for the delay in replying, we have been busier than usual. 

I'm afraid we're unable to change this for you, I do apologise for any upset caused. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the webspace got closed down years ago, your's still up?
0 Kudos
mojo2020
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply...webspace no longer up...but has locked the email on my primary which I want to change but can't.

Been trying to get hold of tech support, no able to get through due this pandemic that we're all in...

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@mojo2020 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply...webspace no longer up...but has locked the email on my primary which I want to change but can't.

Been trying to get hold of tech support, no able to get through due this pandemic that we're all in...

The historical webspace link is a red herring in this instance.  It isn't possible to change the primary email address for a VM broadband account.  It should be possible to change the username for logging into the primary account via your My Virgin Media account.  The username you choose has to be a third party email address that you already control as a confirmation email will be sent to that address to which you have to respond in order to complete the change process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mojo2020
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The login to my account is a blueyonder email address. When I tried to change it to a virginmedia address under the primary tag it doesn’t do it. 

so I think I’ve tried what you suggested or does the new email/login username need be not associated with Virgin. 

thanks for the pointer. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@mojo2020 wrote:

Thanks. The login to my account is a blueyonder email address. When I tried to change it to a virginmedia address under the primary tag it doesn’t do it. 

so I think I’ve tried what you suggested or does the new email/login username need be not associated with Virgin. 

thanks for the pointer. 

Correct, the new username cannot be a virginmedia address on any of the other legacy vm domains.  As I wrote it has to be a third party email address eg Outlook.com or gmail.com as examples, but you need to have that email account set up and working before you make the change.

Just to be absolutely clear this process only changes the log in details it does not change the underlying email address.  That cannot be changed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos