Menu
Eug1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot access certain websites through VM

When I try to access www.expressvpn.com through VM I get the following message:

EDGE browser:  "Can’t connect securely to this page - This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner"

CHROME browser: "this site can’t provide a secure connection www.expressvpn.com sent an invalid response".

I also get a similar message when I try to access the website from my iPhone whilst connected to VM wifi.   But if I switch off VM wifi connection on the phone and use my carrier mobile data, the website is accessed without any issue.

This suggest to me there is an issue on VM side?   Cany suggestion on how this can be fixed?

Thank you in advance

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot access certain websites through VM

Connects fine from my Virgin Media WiFi access point and from my PC using Chrome via an Ethernet connection , so maybe not an issue on the VM side.

Eug1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Graham.   This is odd.  What OS are you using?   I am on Win10 laptop side and iOS 12.3.1 on mobile. D86C87DC-8FF1-45AA-8373-582D52C52E4A.jpegUsing VM wifi

DF6A9A53-8B92-43C7-B14A-3F9364A2BD5A.jpegUsing mobile carrier data

See attached pictures shoving that accessing the website from my iPhone is an issue when connected to VM (through WiFi) but all works fine when using the mobile carrier data

0 Kudos
Eug1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SOLVED

the website was blocked by VM parental control, although the error message did not say that explicitly.

Adding expressvpn to “allowed website list” in the  parental control of MyVirginMedia solved the issue.