cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication texts

SJJ678
On our wavelength

During the night and this morning I have received texts saying - Hello, you can get back into your account with this authentication code for 24hrs. Each text has a different code. 

I last logged in at the weekend to look at my mobile account but I have not tried to access my Virgin media account during last night or this morning.

I have logged in to Virgin media this afternoon with no problems but I was concerned and wanted to check if my account is ok and not compromised in anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Robert_P wrote:

Hello SJJ678

In the actual text itself it should show the number the text was sent from, it may be a short code text and not look like a standard mobile number or be able to reply to it.

Rob

Text messages from sources that don't accept replies often only show a name rather than a number in the message.  This seems to make it impossible to report them as spam via 7726 if you suspect the validity of the message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @SJJ678,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you have gotten these text messages, can you tell me the number that has texted you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

SJJ678
On our wavelength
Hello Hayley,

Thanks for your reply. How do I find the number who texted me? I have an iPhone 8 and it doesn't have the info button like the old iPhones had. So, sorry but I have no idea, can you help?

Hello SJJ678

In the actual text itself it should show the number the text was sent from, it may be a short code text and not look like a standard mobile number or be able to reply to it.

Rob

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Robert_P wrote:

Hello SJJ678

Rob

Text messages from sources that don't accept replies often only show a name rather than a number in the message.  This seems to make it impossible to report them as spam via 7726 if you suspect the validity of the message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SJJ678
On our wavelength

Hi Rob,

Thanks for replying.

I just tried to copy the text and paste it but I can't. The text came in under Virgin Media, the same place all the texts from Virgin Media come to. All the texts say the same thing-

Hello! You can get back into Your Account with this authorisation code, its good for 24 hours: 2ADPHXGP -this is exactly as written. The other messages are the same except for the code. There is nothing else in the text or on the page. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SJJ678,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I understand that this can be frustrating. If you can access your online account, it may be a good idea to re-set your password to something new, unique and never used before to ensure that your online account is secure. 

You can take a look at how to do this by following the instructions on our Resetting your My Virgin Media Account page. Let us know if you need any further help or if you receive any further texts such as these.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs