cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android hummer letter

jgf7691
Joining in

I have now had four or five letters from virgin media regarding a malware infection "android hummer" I have checked every device in my home that runs android with esset anti virus/Kaspersky anti virus and Malwarebytes and none of these find any infection of any kind so where do I go from here I'm getting a bit fed up with these letters when I have checked many many times after receiving these letters I think my only option is to change internet service provider.

Any one have an answer as to how you stop getting these nagging letters? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hummer isn't picked up by anti virus as it is basically a rooted OS, it can be got rid of but you need to Google it 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hummer isn't picked up by anti virus as it is basically a rooted OS, it can be got rid of but you need to Google it 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @jgf7691,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your recent post. I'm really sorry you're receiving these continuous letter regarding malware.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can see you called in and managed to speak with a member of the team following the post yesterday who've noted that they've referred you to the relevant team for this.

Have they been able to assist you further?

Let us know if you're in need any further help or advice.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I didn't get through to the tech support team as I always seem to end up with the message "the other person has cleared" so I was preparing to try again on Monday the 23rd to try and get this resolved. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see, keep us updated @jgf7691

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs