Menu
Highlighted
BobChesh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wrong E mail address

For many months now I have been receiving E mails to MY address. However, they are preceded by the starter, "Hello Lucinda" 

That's fine except I am NOT "Lucinda", and never have been, even at weekends. My name is Robert and I am of the male gender!

The most recent is thanking me for changing my service package. Well that's great, except its not my service package, I am not Lucinda and and haven't changed my service package for about 6 months.

Now the reason this is on the Security board is that this is, I believe a GDPR issue and I want it fixed. And I am sure "Lucinda" would like it fixed as well, since I am getting her mails!!

So I would expect a reply pretty swiftish so I wait with baited breath.

Regards

Robert or Bob but most certainly NOT Lucinda!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong E mail address

Not really a GDPR issue. While annoying its likey someone has entered an email address incorrectly at some point.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bob

Thanks for dropping by with your post.

I appreciate you letting us know about this email being sent  to you.

This does happen sometimes and is generally down to the customer updating an incorrect email address with us.

For me to look into this further please pop back to the PM I have sent to yu that you can find on the top right in the envelope.

Many thanks

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

BobChesh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kaz,

Just sent a PM to you with the details you requested, but it gets more complicated as I look into it, as my PM indicates.

Look forward to a swift response.

Bob
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bob

Can you pop back to me on a PM instead and priovide me with as much data as you can from the email you received for Lucinda?

Kindest regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"