cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password

Luke20201
Joining in

Just had hub 3 box delivered for a self install as apparently previous people here had it  after few days finally have in working but it doesn't ask for a password to connect to it? How do I change this as at the moment anyone can connect to it

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What WiFi network name are you connecting to?

The secure private network should ask for a password as detailed on the pull out tab on the Hub 3.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi thanks for the help I am connecting to my broadband one the 1 where name starts with vm followed by numbers on the WiFi search list it doesn't show a padlock either I have tried calling virgin up serval times but they just keep telling me it's all fine their end and that they we re send the signal then should be working normally within 30 minutes 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

• select Advanced settings > Wireless > Security
  • does the WiFi Network Name (SSID) match that of the unsecured network seen?
  • is Security disabled or set; if latter what is it set to?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

When looking on the WiFi list on my phone is says security- none.

Can't find it all in the virgin login stuff

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See if following is of help, Hub Advanced Settings | Virgin Media

Hi it says on here that it is security enabled etc but doesn't required it to connect 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the Security option set to; Disable, WPA2-PSK, …?

Does the WiFi Network Name (SSID) name match that of the network your phone is connecting to?

Screenshot_20220326-181119_Chrome.jpg

 set as wpa-psk/wpa2-psk

and yes the name is the same I've called up virgin everyday for past 4 days some times more than once trying to get this sorted and they keep giving silly excuses and refuse to send a technician out to sort it even though my speed is low ie about 25 instead of 100 and WiFi keeps going off completely for abit then comes back on

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When other devices see the same network are they also reporting it as unsecured?