cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife’s old VM Mail hacked

Jimboy1
Joining in

Hi

when previously having a account I created a email address for my wife that she now no longer uses and it now has now been hacked with the usual threatening stuff ”hacked email and pc pay $500 to bitcoin account etc etc”

We are currently VM customers Tv/Broadband/Phone having left and come back  

My question is how can I get this email deleted as I have no access to it through my current VM account 

I can view emails via my iphone, hence why I know about the hacking  

I would like to just shut down for good this email address  

any help advice appreciated 

thank you in advance

9 REPLIES 9

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jimboy1

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that your wife's email has been hacked. We can certainly look into this for you. 

Did you create a new log in and so registered for a new online account with us when you rejoined or do you know if you still continued to use your older log in details from your older account?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

hi i have sent you a private message
thank you

yes i created a new account when rejoining

Hi @Jimboy1,

Thank you for expanding. Have you been able to follow the advice detailed here to see if you're able to regain access and update the password?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

hi

yes tried these

getting

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment."

also as stated this email was linked to a previous account i do have details if you want them

thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jimboy, 

Thank you for your reply, is the email connected to an active account? As you have mentioned a previous account, let us know and we can get this sorted for you.

Zoie

My wife's email in question is not being used by her and was created under a previous virgin media account of mine when you were able to create email addresses.

That virgin media account is no longer active,

but i do still use the email associated with the old account though not as my email for current virgin media account.

hope that makes sense.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jimboy1,

Thanks for clarifying, I believe I understand what you mean by this but I'm going to drop you a private message so I can double check this for you and assist.

Please look out for my message in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jimboy1, thanks for PMing us and I am glad that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Kind regards

Chris