Menu
kris540
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is my site blocked?

Recently, one of my domains has been blocked. Admittedly I left it for a long time pointing to cloudflare dns without a valid target host. 

I have recently seen that it now redirects to the websafe virus page. I have tried to chat with virgin media via the online chat interface but no matter what time or day it is, they're always closed. 

I read on here that sites can be blocked if they share ips (the down side of using shared hosting) however, this site used to point to a shared ip which is cloudflare. Thousands of sites point to this and its services cannot be used without this. 

The site has never contained any viruses as it hasn't had anything on it for a long time now!

The domain is groupster.io

Please advise.

Chris

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is my site blocked?

No idea which services Virgin Media use to block sites but it probably does not help when VirusTotal shows:

2018-02-10-00.jpeg

Did you try the “Don’t think this page should be blocked? Let us know” route?

kris540
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't try the "Don’t think this page should be blocked? Let us know” option as I don't have a VM account. Our account is held by a company and we don't have access to the details. 

I hadn't seen that site before. That is a bit worrying. I'm more interested in how this could have happened rather than resolving it at the moment to stop it happening again. 

As I left the cloudflare dns pointed to an IP I no longer owned, my guess is someone acquired this IP with a malicious site but I can't validate this at the moment.

Do you know of a way I could validate this? A cached crawl at the time of virus diagnosis or something?

Also, do these virus blacklists expire after a safe re-crawl?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Check to see if any of the information under the Details tab can be of use.

If you believe it to be a false positive detection try reporting it, for example to Bitdefender Sample or URL submission

0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I checked the URL and Sophos Home gave a warning regarding the site.Capture.JPG

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
SuperHub 3.0