cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can Vm tell lies about false depts (blue chip company)

Kellpop
Joining in

Vm has told dept collectors we own money in august 2022 we have had letters and cold calling threatening us with forced entry and court now Vm has excepted it was wrong to do this as we never owed money Cisas offered us 100 on 21/11/2022 and giv 28 days for check (end of December) we are in March and Cisas keep extending it (on the pay roll) we dont want a 100 now more as this has effected are health meantley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do consider speaking with Citizens Advice and also the following organisations to better understand your options:

Hope you manage to achieve a settlement reflective of the harms caused.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do consider speaking with Citizens Advice and also the following organisations to better understand your options:

Hope you manage to achieve a settlement reflective of the harms caused.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

In addition those excellent suggestions, if they're still hounding you, try contacting BBC Watchdog and/or Radio 4's "You and yours".  Public shaming of large companies who behave badly is always a sound tactic.

Unfortunately VM are a faceless, emotionless machine, and the only person who will sort this out is you, so start with Citizens Advice.  If the debt collection scumbags are still harassing you then get onto the Financial Ombudsman.  I understand that when you're down its difficult to have the energy to deal with things like this, all I can say is make a start, take it one step at a time, and don't give up.  

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kellpop 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Really sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing for you. Though I would not be able to help with any further complaint disputes or escalations, I can take a look at the cheque status at our side to see if there is anything I can do as I would like to help where possible. 

If you wish to now dispute the CISAS ruling, you would need to escalate to CISAS themselves unfortunately.

If you would like me to investigate the cheque status for you, please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley