cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are you calling my mobile, and continually I answer and there is no-one there to speak to me.

summersby
Joining in

Why are you calling my mobile, and continually I answer and there is no-one there to speak to me. I feel a fine coming your way soon, OFCOM.

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How are you sure this is Virgin calling you?

Sounds like scammers to me. They use robo-diallers to call potential victims & see whether a number gets a response. These calls are nearly always silent if you respond.

These calls are normally restricted to landlines, but recently more & more mobiles are suffering the same calls.

The numbers used are fake, & are either non-existant or cloned from genuine businesses & customers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @summersby,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've been contacted by some fraud calls!

Would you be able to tell us what numbers are calling you and we will be able to check if these are Virgin Media team numbers.

If these calls are coming through on your Mobile, you can always block them and they will not be able to contact you through that number.

You can always check what your Marketing preferences are set at on your Online Account to see if you've opted out of Marketing calls.

Keep us updated if you can.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The number is listed as a Virgin number. It could be a scammed i.d. number, but how can you tell if there is never anyone there when you answer! I have a  Virgin Media package, but NOT Virgin Mobile, but still getting the calls on my mobile. I did spend 40 years in Telecommunications and Mobile engineering.

If you hang on someone will speak to you. Your choice then whether to hang up or play along with the scammer but don't do anything on your PC that they ask.

I always play along until they usually get very angry and hang up.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @summersby

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Could you please expand on the nature of the call so we can confirm if this is actually us? 

Are you able to sign into your My Virgin Media account to update your preferences? If these are calls from us, you can head to My Profile > My Preferences to opt out. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide