cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird voicemail from virgin

Skeh1
Joining in

The other day I received a call from an unknown number, I didn't pick it up as I assumed it was a scam call. The notification about the voicemail they left said it was virgin. It was in an automated voice and talked about how someone had used $1300 in gift cards on my account and was calling to verify it was me. I received no emails or text messages other than that, so I'm pretty sure it was a scammer, however I don't see the point in leaving a voicemail as they did not give a phone number to call back.

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no value to the miscreant investing in technology to determine how a call is answered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Skeh1,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to see this.

Did you call the number back? Does not seem like something we would call you about, do you have the number that called you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide