cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website not loading on Wifi

FoxyRhino
On our wavelength

Trying to access freecashlotto.com.

I have no problem accessing it on my phone when I'm connected to 4G but when I try to access it on my phone or PC, it doesn't load at all (I have tried various browsers) but I tend to use Google Chrome and getting the following error message 

This site can’t be reached

freecashlotto.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The delay suggests that freecashlotto.com maybe bocking access to your public IP Address; you can determine your public IP Address by entering the text IP into your favoured search engine, for example https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer. Use your 4G connection to contact freecashlotto.com and query why when using your Virgin Media connection, quote your public IP Address, you cannot access their website.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Gambling sites are blocked by Child Safe, if you login into https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/websafe/overview, if Child Safe is on turn it off and then click Apply, that should resolve your problem.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike

It's not that as I can access other gambling sites. 

Still not able to load this website on Wi-fi but it works fine on 4G so I'm guessing it's something to do with Virgin Media that it isn't loading at all 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would see an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error if Web Safe was blocking the website; not ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

On your PC open a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following commands and post the resulting output here:

nslookup freecashlotto.com
nslookup freecashlotto.com 1.1.1.1

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I've checked and the web safe settings are off. This is what I get

nslookup freecashlotto.com
Server: cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: freecashlotto.com
Address: 88.80.184.225

---------------------------------------
nslookup freecashlotto.com 1.1.1.1
Server: one.one.one.one
Address: 1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: freecashlotto.com
Address: 88.80.184.225

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the result of typing the following command:

telnet freecashlotto.com 443

followed by the text:

GET /

Do make sure to type the above in uppercase.

Had to work out how to turn on the telnet command first (but worked that out with a bit of Googling)

Doing what you ask:

C:\>telnet freecashlotto.com 443
Connecting To freecashlotto.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 443: Connect failedC:\>

C:\>GET /
'GET' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there a noticeable delay between seeing the text Connecting To freecashlotto.com...  and Could not open connection to the host, on port 443: Connect failed appearing or is it immediate?

It takes about 15-20 seconds for the "connect failed" message to appear