cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe

LynDave
Joining in

Trying to set up websafe... it says  to click into Manage Websafe settings.

I do this and it returns to the same page where Virgin appear to want us to pay £3 per month. I can see this issue has been raised before but can't see any answers.  I would like to set it up asap please... any help?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That suggests that this is a specific account related issue as that link works on my account.

I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team so that they can support you further with this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
where are you seeing vm wanting to charge £3? can you post a screen shot of the page

LynDave_0-1618944709282.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
thats not for websafe. Websafe is the bottom left option. the £3/month is for f-secure.

Hi, yes I realise that... when I click into the Websafe on  the bottom left it returns to this page.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The default setting for websafe is on.

Do you get into the same loop if you go via this link?

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Yes, it is exactly the same.... default shows OFF.      It would be great if I could get to speak to someone at Virgin to help but all roads lead back to the forum... what a pain..  Thank you in the meantime for your help

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That suggests that this is a specific account related issue as that link works on my account.

I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team so that they can support you further with this.

Hi LynDave,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your WebSafe looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

The VIP users have given you great advice above 🙂 The picture you posted is for a separate software, I can enable your WebSafe on my side.

I will send you a PM now so we can get started on that, speak soon.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LynDave,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am glad we managed to get this sorted for you. 

All it needed was a quick fiddle with your WebSafe settings on our side 🙂

If you have any further issues with this, please let me know.

Thanks,

Megan_L