cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe settings not working

GillAdrian1
Tuning in

So I have been trying to manage my Websafe settings an have googled for guidance, found the YouTube video but that was not helpful. I get to My apps, then down to Websafe and the page shows a comparison with the F-Secure Internet Security app. On this page I am told that Virus Safe and Child Safe are both off but when I select Manage Websafe settings it just brings up the same page.

Can anyone please advise?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GillAdraian1, 

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear this, I have checked remotely and can't see anything that could be affecting this in your settings, I would advise emailing our websafe team to look into this for you and they will be able to clarify for you, here websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk let me know if you don't get a response within 48 hours and I will chase it up for you 

Zoie

Thanks for clarifying GillAdrian1,

We do apologise that you have not had any response from our Websafe feedback team. This is not the service we are aiming to provide.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details to make sure all is correct from our end. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

30 REPLIES 30

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Put your browser into Private / Incognito mode by pressing either Ctrl + Shift + P (Firefox browser) or Ctrl + Shift + N (Chromium based browsers) then go to:

Does the issue persist?

Also, are you able to browse to https://nordvpn.com; Web Safe blocks access by default allowing this test to determine whether it is on or off?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply. Logging in using Incognito mode makes no difference, entering the url that should be blocked by default takes me to the page in the url. It is not blocked so Websafe is not working.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Thanks very much for being helpful, you are indeed a Very Insightful Person😀.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GillAdraian1, 

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear this, I have checked remotely and can't see anything that could be affecting this in your settings, I would advise emailing our websafe team to look into this for you and they will be able to clarify for you, here websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk let me know if you don't get a response within 48 hours and I will chase it up for you 

Zoie

Thank you for your help, I will email websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk as you suggest and see what response we get.

kind regards, Adrian.

Thanks @GillAdrian1

Keep us posted 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi again, Zoie_P just letting you know that I emailed the Websafe feedback team as you suggested but I have had no response, I don’t even know if they received the email😱

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi GillAdrian1, 

thanks for your reply 🙂 

How long ago did you email them ? 

Zoie