cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe not working

Bashkaaa
Joining in

Hi, my web-safe was on and it is not working I am trying to block the website but still available and accessible. And I am able to access the protonvpn.com website without any issues

IMG_2244.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bashkaaa,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

Sorry that your web safe is not working on a particular site. Can we ask if your child safe is enabled in your Virgin Media account and that you’re not using a VPN. Also, that you're using the Virgin Media DNS servers (they are 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100).

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes child safe on and i am not using any VPN, DNS server both are ok ( 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100 )

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

Hi @Bashkaaa 👋.

Thanks for getting back in touch, the child safe is working the way it should, with some sites that are moderately new or have a feature that does not trigger standard child/web safe features then it would be the case of applying that website manually into the list to block, have you done this?

Sabrina

Bashkaaa
Joining in

Hi Sabrina 🖐🏼

Two weeks ago child/web safe was working fine, but only a week ago everything stopped, even blocking websites manually stopped, but today it is working again well.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bashkaaa 

Thanks for your response!

Great to hear that this is now working, be sure to keep us updated with how you get on. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bashkaaa
Joining in

Hi Travis,

Since last Monday, the child/web safe has stopped again. 

Regards,

Bashkaaa

Good morning @Bashkaaa 

Have you tried adding the sites manually? If so, what happens please?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill