Menu
MoNNoW
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Web Safe issue

Hi. 

I'm currently able to access very little from my profile page but, with some luck, I was able to get to the myapps page and find web safe. 

That has led to a new issue. I click on the "manage web safe" option and am brought to the same page I was just on. Repeatedly. The link is to the same page. 
The "help and support" hyperlink is to a defunct page. 

Despite the web safe section of the page saying that everything is turned off. Nothing is. 

I have reset and hard reset my router hoping that it was a communication issue but that hasn't solved anything. 

I'm really hoping to avoid phoning due to the massive cost that will be thrown my way.

0 Kudos
MoNNoW
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web Safe issue

Sorry, I was slightly wrong there. 
The hyperlink for Websafe management is https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings
however, when I click that link, even from here, I'm led to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit Which is the initial page I'm sent to anyway. 
Why it is redirecting, I don't know.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does the issue still occur when browsing in private / incognito mode; press Ctrl + Shift + N or Ctrl + Shift + P to enter mode?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MoNNoW
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Occurs in any mode.
Occurs whether through the box provided by virgin or my own router. Same for wireless or hardwire.

0 Kudos
MoNNoW
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Through some youtube tutorials showing where to find the websafe section through the myapps dropdown, I have reached the same page. 

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

The fun part is that clicking on the websafe section of the myapps dropdown should lead me to the controls for websafe instead of an advertisement for virgin media internet security comparing websafe and the VMIS. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / day to respond.

0 Kudos
MoNNoW
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Amazing service from virgin. 

Been 3 days so far since that was said but no public or private response so far 

I can’t even view my wage slip through wireless and have to use my phones data to view it because the site they use is apparently too adult for kids. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whilst you wait for the forum team to respond consider using an alternative DNS service temporarily to workaround the issue. 

FYI: to change DNS follow the instructions provide by the DNS service for your device's operating system, for instance:

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MoNNoW,

Thanks for posting on our forum and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry for our late response and to hear you're having some issues with the Web safe feature. This is something we can turn off on our side, so I've sent you over a PM.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos