cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe incorrectly blocking our website

icemill
Joining in

I work at Ice Mill Ltd [REMOVED], a manufacturer and supplier of Cube and Crushed Ice, used for chilling drinks. A food product!!!!!

We have received numerous complaints from Virgin Media customers that our webiste is not working for them while using Virgin Media broadband service.  Working with some of these customers, we discovered that Web Safe is blocking our infrastructure domain [REMOVED]. Our website do not contain content fitting any of the categories that Web Safe is protecting against.

We request that our domains [REMOVED]  as well as any of their subdomains, be removed immediately from the Web Safe block list.

Majority of our customer place their order online and Virgin Media blocking our website is financially damaging us.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Web Safe's Virus Safe component is blocking access to https://icemill.co.uk/ ― Virgin Media customers can report the issue here Report a website otherwise try emailing websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk whilst waiting for the forum team to respond.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

[MOD EDIT:  Hyperlink amended]

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @icemill

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums and I am so sorry to hear that you have been effected by this issue! 

I have raised this with the relevant teams on our side as well so this should be corrected soon.

As soon as I hear back I will update the forum. 

Thank you.

Could you please check with the supplier what seems to be the problem. We will appreciate if you could resolve this matter as soon as possible.

kind regrads

We can understand your concern @icemill.

Please bear with us while we chase the relevant teams regarding this. We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible with the given response/ resolution.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i'm not seeing anything to do with ice.

the hyperlink is fake and does not relate to that but reciting the Quran in schools.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jamesofmerton wrote:

i'm not seeing anything to do with ice.

the hyperlink is fake and does not relate to that but reciting the Quran in schools.

@jamesofmerton, please re-check as that is not correct AFAICS:

• Virus Safe block was cleared recently
  • visiting URL shows:
    20222-03-22.jpeg

goslow
Alessandro Volta

用心棒

Haven't clicked it but your link at #2 does not appear to be pointing to icemill but another URL as I hover over it. I think this is what jamesofmerton has clicked on.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Oops, my mistake, have flagged to forum moderators to correct or redact; thanks, @jamesofmerton and @goslow, for flagging.

FYI: if I recall correctly I was looking at another post where Child Safe was blocking access to that site and its app and inadvertently posted that instead of the correct one. Not sure how it happened because that issue I posted about 4 days before this one.