Menu
MalandBren75
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Weak security

On my iPhone I am getting message that my WiFi has weak security and recommend I change router configuration, should I do this and if so how ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Weak security

Hi MalandBren75,

This post explains it all iOS-14-Weak-Security/ 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

MalandBren75
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you and pleas excuse my tech ignorance but how and where do I sign into the hub as advised thank you
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Juts click on this link http://192.168.0.1 the password will be on the bottom of the hub and list with all numbers.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

joanna6375
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am jumping on this chat because I have the same problem.  I have logged into my hub but the option to turn off port 1900 is not there.  I thought it may be the Virgin booster I have, but turned that off and it is still showing as weak security.  It says on the Virgin website that they will not help with this problem and to ask the community!  What a joke!  I pay over £100 a month and I have to ask a fellow paying user to help me 😡

if anyone has any ideas please let me know.  

many thanks

jo

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@joanna6375  In what way is this the same problem?  The thread that you have jumped on relates to a dubious warning from iOS v14, the resolution to which is set out in the link in message 2.

Best to start a new thread and explain in detail the issue you are having.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
joanna6375
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh, I have just looked again and the first message says weak security and the replies are to log on to router.  I assumed I had the same problem.  

Thank you for the reply.  I am new to online community boards.  Sorry for the faux pas!

I will post a new message.

Jo

0 Kudos