cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this a scam?

Lucy14
Joining in

Got home and virgin 360 tv box was flashing. No tv. Tried to go online on iPad. iPad went said couldn’t go online, onto a link saying it needed m to press on diagnosing cirlcle thing. It said my broadband was down. Then it said I’d to enter the password on bottom of hub box thingy. Did it. Then it wanted me to change the password. Did it. Then telly and internet worked. But..Now worried as mate says this was a scam. I only wanted to chill and watch a bit of telly lol. Just wondered if anyone’s had the same thing. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To run the built in diagnostics of the hub you have to sign in to it’s user interface. This is perfectly normal. The admin password on the bottom of the hub is a one-time use code installed at factory set-up. When you sign in for the first time you must change this to one of your choice to use during subsequent use.

Nothing to worry about. It’s part of the hubs normal operation & is only visible to your home network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou so much,I’m a  bit of a techno phobe, so glad you replied x