cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WPA to WPA2

Leighlynn
Joining in

I changed my WPA to WPA2 for more security as everyone and Virgin has suggested with the new Apple updates, but since doing that, I got errors, I have no internet now and I can't sign back in with the generic IP address to try and change it back. It keeps asking me for the password, but does not want to take it! Any idea before I have to phone the dreaded call centre please??? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Leighlynn 

You need to use the settings password (not the WiFi password) printed on the sticker on the base of the router. to sign into the hub via 192.168.0.1

If you've changed that password as well as the WPA / WPA2 too then you will need to perform a factory reset. 

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similair. keep it pressed in for around a minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

You can then sign in with the original settings password and change it again once logged into the hub interface.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Leighlynn 

You need to use the settings password (not the WiFi password) printed on the sticker on the base of the router. to sign into the hub via 192.168.0.1

If you've changed that password as well as the WPA / WPA2 too then you will need to perform a factory reset. 

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similair. keep it pressed in for around a minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

You can then sign in with the original settings password and change it again once logged into the hub interface.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Leighlynn

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums! It's great to have you on the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing these issues with your Hub setting page, have you been able to follow the instructions given by @newapollo?

How are things looking since your last post?

Thank you. 

Thank you, I had to eventually do a factory reset like you explained and then it worked!

Hi Leighlynn, thanks for the message and I am glad to hear that this has now been resolved. Please let us know if you need anything further and have a good week. ^CW