cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI message on PC

janeb26
Joining in

I've only just started using the broadband attached to my TV /phone package on my PC as I had a work from home link supplied by my office. When I go to log into WIFI on my PC it st brings up the following message 'this WIFI network uses and older security standard that might not protect you'. What can I do to rectify this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although originally for mobile devices, follow the guidance here to change the wireless security setting used on your Hub

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Although originally for mobile devices, follow the guidance here to change the wireless security setting used on your Hub

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for that I'll give it a try

Hi janeb26,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. As our valued member @BenMcr has answered your query already, we just wanted to see if the advice on our previous community post has help you resolved the issue with your Wi-Fi security issue?

Please come back to us if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Just thought I'd let you know it's all sorted. Thanks for your help.

It's all sorted thanks.

Hi @janeb26,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm really glad to hear that this matter has now been addressed and resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you out with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!