Menu
StephenAllan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virus Safe

I would like a bit of advise please as we have the Virus Safe setting turned on which we turned on through our my virgin media account but I also use Norton Internet Security which I have installed on my laptop.  I would like to know if both can be used at the same time or will they conflict with each other? 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virus Safe

Should be no problem if they are coded correctly. Unfortunately there are millions of combinations of equipment and they cannot all be tested, so it’s a rather suck-it-and-see situation. Other people may be using both, but as they will not have EXACTLY the same equipment as you it’s not a valid response to say it will be ok. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virus Safe

The execution environment for Virus Safe and Norton Internet Security are different so the likelihood of conflict is reduced when compared to a shared execution environment; be aware though that when issues do occur the cause maybe less obvious, for example when network traffic is proxied by Virus Safe.

0 Kudos