cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin van not moved for 12 weeks

Pilon66
Joining in

There is a virgin van parked on a junction which has caused a number of near misses. It hasn't moved since Christmas and an accident will happen. Can you help with this please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pilon66,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the parked Van. 

What I will do is private message you so I can take some details with regards to this.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this vehicle is parked dangerously on a public road, it's probably a matter for the local constabulary to be fair.

I presume you have photos of the vehicle, all date & timestamped? That will certainly help if you want any substantive help on here. The section of the forum that you've posted in, isn't generally staff-monitored - but without some specific details of the allegedly dangerous parking/vehicle (after which we can potentially move the post to where it'll get picked up), the staff on here will be powerless to help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Pilon66 wrote:

There is a virgin van parked on a junction which has caused a number of near misses. It hasn't moved since Christmas and an accident will happen. Can you help with this please

There was a similar recent topic here which did appear to be resolved after the forum post

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Abandoned-VM-Van/td-p/4969505

but your post in 'Community Natter' needs moving to somewhere where the VM forum team replies.

Parking-related matters and abandoned vehicles are council matters if your council deals with civil parking enforcement. Actually proving a vehicle is abandoned is not that easy. Getting the council to take an interest even less so.

If the van is causing an obstruction (on a junction) I believe that is a police matter.

(Edit: Crossed with japitts)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If @Pilon66  can post up some specifics, I can move the post to where the staff will pick it up. Date-stamped photos would certainly be ideal.

But at the moment, all we have is "a van isn't parked safely",

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Pilon66
Joining in

Hi

One of your vans is causing issues due to it being parked right on a junction on a housing estate. There have been a number of near misses. The van has not moved for approx 12 weeks. The registration is [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better to add the specifics details to your existing thread and wait for it to be neatly moved, than create a new one.

Where is this van parked - do you have some photos or details?

Its registration is

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

The Police have advised us to contact Virgin about it.

Hi Pilon66,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the parked Van. 

What I will do is private message you so I can take some details with regards to this.

^Martin

20220430_144338.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

20220501_130317.jpg