cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin online chat switched to Whatsapp chat

ChrisB78
On our wavelength

Hello,  I recently contacted virgin in myvirginmedia account on the chat facility.

I have on each occasion been asked to switch to a Whatsapp chat  to reduce waiting time, the operative siting up to 4 hour delays in responses in the virgin chat facility. Then in Whatsapp I was told there is a similar waiting time in Whatsapp chat and the new operative requested security questions again.  Is the request to switch to Whatsapp legitimate or a scam of some sort?  I read recently scams can be carried out this way because the contact is no longer in the legitimate app. 

Any help very much appreciated.  I will add I am finding Virgins' refusal to communicate with me very very annoying. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There seems to be no point in having the live chat option any more.

It has also been my experience that it is not operating and you are immediately told to change to whatsapp.

"Apologies for all of the delays regarding our text chat, to confirm our team would advise our customers to switch to Whatsapp for any text conversation."

Live chat is text conversation!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ChrisB78,

Welcome back to the community.

Apologies for all of the delays regarding our text chat, to confirm our team would advise our customers to switch to Whatsapp for any text conversation.

May I ask what the chat is regarding? 

Thanks,

Kain

There seems to be no point in having the live chat option any more.

It has also been my experience that it is not operating and you are immediately told to change to whatsapp.

"Apologies for all of the delays regarding our text chat, to confirm our team would advise our customers to switch to Whatsapp for any text conversation."

Live chat is text conversation!

Hi Tboy,  thanks for your message, greatly appreciated, Virgin could take lessons from you on good customer service.  I am disappointed with Virgin customer service, very disappointed.  Its a shame, the Broadband product is good, the customer service is tooth grindingly bad, so switching back to my old provider today after one 18 months contract.

ChrisB78
On our wavelength

Hi Kain,  thanks for your response, I have never in 1 1/2 years received an adequate response to ANY Broadband customer service request. So I'm switching back to my previous ISP today.