Menu
ken_s
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net e-mail account hacked

Hello.

I have just joined this forum because Virgin Media staff are not able to assist.

When I migrated from Virgin’s Broadband Service in 2014, I was told that my e-mail account would be deactivated within 3 months.

My wife’s Virgin.net account (part of my original account) was deactivated some time ago

My account ([MOD EDIT: Removed]@virgin.net) is still active. I do not use it but do monitor it via Outlook.

Recently, two things have happened that are worrying me.

1. My Inbox has been showing messages from mailer-daemon@virginmedia.com telling me that messages (written in Russian) are not being delivered.
  2. My E-bay account (which still had my Virgin.net e-mail listed) has been used fraudulently on two occasions. That account has now been closed by E-bay

Can you please advise if this account can be closed either by me ?

I still have my password and security question information to hand.

I called the Virgin Media help line and they told me to access the Virgin.net webpage and close it myself. However, the site does not seem to exist.

Their other advice was to call the police!

Any help would be appreciated.

I will be away from my PC for the rest of today.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin.net e-mail account hacked

Hi there ken_s

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email address.

We'd like to help you with this so we'll send you a private message in a moment to get some more details.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
MarianneTeacake
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with an old account being hacked, but someone has changed the password too. I'm using a legacy virgin.net address from dial-up days, and no longer know where or how to login using a Virgin website (my Virgin email account was added automatically during a Mac upgrade).  Is this the correct place to post to ask for help with the same issue? (Sorry, newbie!) Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good morning MarianneTeacake

We'd like to welcome you to our community forum pages. Thank you for posting.

We'd really like to help you with this email issue as much as we can.

We'll need to get a few more details from you so we will send you a private message in one moment.

Just keep an eye out at the envelope at the top of the screen.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos