cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin box showing as Linux device

Embion
Tuning in

I signed into YouTube through my mini box for first time and it needed 2 step verification for my Google account to allow access, and the verification message from Google said it was a Linux device requesting access Is this you???? Is the virgin mini box classed as a Linux device or has something gone wrong here? 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All the VM boxes run Linux in one form or another. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

• I don’t even understand your response  Understanding binary or hexidecimal as a statement? You may as well be speaking cling on to me?! I expect my devices to come up as the named devices they are? Forgive my lack of intellect.

Hi @Embion,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Linux is an operating system you have running. 

Were you able to bypass the authentication?

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I didn’t know I had that running anywhere, I have never heard of it. I just disconnected and disallowed on Google device account

Hi Embion, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Just to confirm that Tudor's response was correct. All of VM's boxes run Linux software so therefore when going through the verification steps, it will show as Linux. If you wish to sign in then you will need to allow it when prompted. 

Just as a side note, the bit on Tudor's post about 'There are 10 types of people...' - this is part of their signature and not in response to your question so no need to look at this 🙂 

If you have any further questions or concerns, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs