Menu
ichandler
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin box open and vulnerable

There is a khaki coloured Virgin Media box just by my house. It is not locked and the doors keep coming open. The other day I went past and the top was open, with a wire hanging out that had a tag with our address on it. At other times the doors swing open, leaving the entire contents vulnerable to weather, vandals, or whatever.  I am half tempted to have a look inside and see if I can connect myself to a better quality of service - our broadband is not very good and slows down terribly late at night.  But really, the box should be made secure. Is there an email address I can use to warn Virgin about this?  The text  messaging service does not work and I do not have the patience to wait 30 minutes and go through wretched security questions multiple times in order to tell somebody in an Indian call centre about this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box open and vulnerable

Hi ichandler, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us. 
Apologies to hear that this is happening. We can get this reported to the relevant team for you. 
I will need some information from you in order to raise this up so I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with the details I asked for via PM Smiley Happy

I have sent this over to the relevant team now and they will get this sorted. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Geoff_H
Dialled in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There are several VM roadside boxes open near me and they've been like it for literally years. Frequently the locks are either broken or missing.

I've given up reporting them because nothing ever gets done about it.

I used to close them, but after I got stopped 2 or 3 years ago by a couple of local Police who thought I might be interfering with it, I stopped bothering.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff_H

I am sorry to hear this, If you can send me the location of said boxes I can contact the team for you and request these are secured correctly.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Geoff_H
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe_F,

I've PM'd you with the locations of the two cabinets nearest me that are permanently left open.

I will be waiting and watching to see if they are finally closed...

Geoff

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff_H, 

Sorry for the delayed response. Have the cabinets now been secured? If not please let us know and I'll chase this up for you. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
zvonok
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

well... that is some delaying tactic!!!! The usual forum 'obscure' response... better known as  ' kick the can down the road' and hope someone else deals with the replty!!!

SURELY,   YOU can check if it has been done or not?  ... Zvnk ...

0 Kudos
Geoff_H
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hetty_R,

Sadly, but with no great surprise, I can report that both cabinets are still open to the elements and passers-by, exactly as they were when I sent the PM and as they have been for many, many months.

It seems that someone, somewhere needs a strategically placed rocket with the fuse lit...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoff_H, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know these cabinets are still not sorted. 

I have sent an email over to the Cabinet Maintenance team to chase this. 

As soon as I have a reply I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos