cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Services e-mails

DMS369
Joining in

I am receiving e-mails from "Virgin Services" with a PDF file to check my bills now, but they don't look like normal Virgin Media notices. Some are sent to Virgin Media Web team with a Bcc to me. Are they genuine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DMS369 

Definitely a scam despite the Virgin logo that the scammer has added in an attempt to make it look authentic.

I would strongly advise you not to click on that link!

Forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com and if that results in a Spam Content Found warning it means that Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Highly likely to be a phishing scam.

VM do not send out emails with pdf versions of bills attached.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DMS369 thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of your suspicions here.

As mentioned by @Graham_A, we do not send PDF files of bills unless this is a manual email, but if you'd like to provide a screenshot we'd be more than happy to clarify for you either way.

Please let us know if you need any further help!
Many thanks

Tom_W

IMG_0057.JPG

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DMS369 

Definitely a scam despite the Virgin logo that the scammer has added in an attempt to make it look authentic.

I would strongly advise you not to click on that link!

Forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com and if that results in a Spam Content Found warning it means that Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey DMS369, thanks for posting with your screenshot of this email.

Sorry to see you've received this communication and you are uncertain about it's authenticity.

We'd like to advise this does not seem genuine although it was a fair attempt to replicate our emails that notify you about a new bill out.

Our emails would always be mentioning your customer name and other account details too, so it's definitely not from us!
Also, we would prompt you to visit your MyVM account and have a look into the bill for yourself (and maybe provide a link for that purpose).

If you haven't downloaded any files or clicked on links you should be safe, however please follow the advice from coenoby above too and report this to our phishing@virginmedia.com email or use the online form found here.

We'd love to assist with any further questions or concerns you may have, so feel free to ask us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs