cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media engineer appointment email

cluster76
Dialled in

Received an unprompted email (see below) not sure what it is for and unable to cancel it as it is not listed no my account anywhere.  Is this a real email or a phishing attempt? 

cluster76_0-1662452349961.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cluster76 

This type of thing has come up before on here.  It seems that the system sometimes erroneously sends out these appointment emails when work is scheduled to take place potentially affecting your connection but not actualy at your premises.  The time frame of 01:00 - 02:00 is the indicator as no engineer appointments would be schedule for that time of the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cluster76 

This type of thing has come up before on here.  It seems that the system sometimes erroneously sends out these appointment emails when work is scheduled to take place potentially affecting your connection but not actualy at your premises.  The time frame of 01:00 - 02:00 is the indicator as no engineer appointments would be schedule for that time of the morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Appreciate the reply, did think 1am was a bit early for a visit.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cluster76,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've received this email!

Any appointments you have will be listed on your online account and as @Graham_A advised, this would not be a technician appointment as our techs only visit customer properties between 8am-7pm. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused from this email.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs