Menu
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media email

I have just received an email supposedly from Virgin Media informing me that my latest bill cannot be processed at this time as some of the billing details associated with your account have expired . Your service is pending disconnection . I have always paid my Virgin Media bill on time and have never ever had a message like this before so I am guessing that this is a spoof or fake message intending me to click on a link so someone can get all of my details . Has anyone else received this email recently .

Regards ,

David McDonald.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
hammic
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media email

I have had exactly the same email this morning.  I spoke to Virgin Media on the phone and they say they are getting a lot of phone calls about the same email.

This is how the email looks when viewing:

Your latest Virgin Media Bill cannot be processed

Dear REMOVED,

Your latest Virgin Media bill cannot be processed at this time. Some of the billing details associated with your account have expired. Your service is pending disconnection on:

16 November, 2017

To avoid disconnection of service, please update your billing details now by accessing your ebilling profile below:

https://billing.virginmedia.net/igx/do?k2325e352t1b

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

When copying and pasting the email, this is what I get:

Your latest Virgin Media Bill cannot be processed

Dear REMOVED,

kYour klatest jVirgin kMedia fbill ecannot tbe eprocessed xat pthis etime. fSome pof ythe nbilling ydetails kassociated iwith gyour kaccoung ahave qexpired. nYour oservice xis upending vdisconnection don:

16 November, 2017

Top cavoidc hdisconnectiony ofl xservice, tplease bupdate oyour dbillingf detailse nowj byx accessingd your ebillingg oprofilev kbelow:

https://billing.virginmedia.net/igx/do?k2325e352t1b

qKind bregards,

qThe cVirgino yMediap jteamx