cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media/Mobile Scam

JTCarter
Joining in

I think I may have been the victim of a Virgin Media scam.  I called virgin to cancel my broadband and TV deal after numerous issues with upgrades, and then extra costs being added and services missed off.  On telling them this and them offering me their best deal (more than if I was a new customer) I said I would call them back in the hope of getting a better deal.  However I was called back by Virgin 30 mins later offering me a better deal and a mobile upgrade, with the same broadband/tv package I currently have for £18 cheaper.  Obviously I said yes.  The next day a shiny new mobile arrived and virgin called to set up and activate.  Unfortunately it was the wrong phone so they sent me a Royal Mail recorded delivery slip to return it saying the correct phone would arrive the next day.  You guessed it I sent it back and the said replacement never arrived.  And I now have a mobile phone contact set up in my name and no phone.  I’ve frozen my bank accounts, will be calling the police tomorrow and again calling both virgin media and mobile to rectify.  Virgin mobile have already said it will take them 5 days to look into, and I’m now on a broadband/tv tariff that is massively inflated. Is someone in Virginmedia selling on details to these scam cold callers?

1 REPLY 1

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JTCarter

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened. 

I will need to get some further details from you please to be able to investigate. 

I will send you a private message so we can discuss this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide