cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Green box

Mary_ormiston
Tuning in

Hi, we have been experiencing an intense humming noise from a green internet box (H31A01T11) allocated outside the wall of our flat, on the pedestrian footpath. It is few months that the noise gets louder at night waking us up.
We thought that this was a temporary issue but after 6 months it is now getting worse causing also health issues. Beside the sleepless nights, we now wake up with a constant buzzing ears and headaches that is effecting our day to day life. 
We would like to kindly ask if it would be possible to check why the box is so loud and take some actions. Full address and position of the box can be provided in privacy. We have also opened a ticket through the council, which has been also made aware about our health issues experienced as consequence of this loud noise.

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can report VM cabinet faults here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/How-to-report-damage-to-street-equipment/ba-p/4151...

but be aware, VM don't have a great response time to many of these problems, even when the cabinet has been pretty much destroyed! A humming noise may be low on their list for attention.

Would suggest that you pursue the noise complaint through your local council and councillor as well. If your neighbours are also affected, get them to log complaints with the council too.

Halsbury Road W120JP

Feel free to share coordinates or references from popular map websites/apps.

Description of damage:

Loud hamming noise 

Cabinet Number:
H31A01T11

Hi Mary_ormiston,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your cabinet. 

Thank you for the details provided, we will get this flagged to the relevant team. 

^Martin

Hi Martin 

Any update from your team?

It is nearly 10pm and I was going to bed but the humming at the moment is very loud! I foreseen another sleepless night…. Please I really urge you to treat this issue as high priority. 

Thank you 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Mary_ormiston,

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It should now be completed, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

Can you please elaborate on what “should be completed” mean? 
So far nobody from Virgin has contacted me and on the night across Friday and Saturday the humming noise went loud again.
Thank you

Hi Mary 

The cabinet was investigated and the internal fans were to blame

The report from the engineer advised it was an normal amount of noise 

So I guess it has happened again over the weekend

I have the details and will get this reported again 

Sorry 

Gareth_L

Hi Virgin team 

it is few weeks that the loud humming noise is back and increasing it day by day most likely due to some issues with the fans again.
With the last storms had, we noticed the lateral door of the box opened couple of times and left under wind and rain.
My husband has tried to secure it back but not sure if in the meanwhile some damage was caused by the bad weather.
Would you please send an engineer to check the box and fans ASAP?
Thank you 

Good Afternoon @Mary_ormiston

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take a few details from you and have this passed on

Kindest regards,

David_Bn