cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify ID of employee

Sarahrosexx
Just joined

How do I verify an ID number a team member has given me? They are from the loyalty team and has rang me from a mobile ,probably from working from home but still want to verify it please.

8 REPLIES 8

sophist
Trouble shooter

there should be a record of contact on the system which the forum staff here can verify for you (though may take a few days for them to respond).  Some staff are working remotely though and contacting customers by phone - there are a few posts on here from other concerned customers that forum staff have confirmed as genuine - i also had a call from the retentions team about a year ago from a mobile number.. 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry for any doubt left by the offer that was made to you by our loyalty team we appreciate you wanted to make sure this was legit.

I have had a look our end and it looks like you have spoken to us since and may have now been given a new offer, if this isn't the case and you still need help please let us know ASAP.

Any time you wish to check what package you are on or see if there are any available upgrades ETC you can do this on your online account under my offers.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, 

I also need to verify an employee ID please as I am having no luck on the WhatsApp of the phone with customer service. No one seems able to help.

I had a call yesterday at 10.51 and they called from a mobile, they new my name and they knew i was leaving. 

I asked how to prove it was a legitimate call because he said they Virgin Media can't see if he has called because he's from a special team so he sent me details to allow me to verify him. No one has been able to help me and also no one seems able to access the deal he was offering which I would have been happy to stay with.

He didn't do any checks with me for security. 

He called me using this number: [REMOVED]
He said their employee ID is [REMOVED]
and their work email is [REMOVED]

Thank you

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi EloDot, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you were left unsure on whether you were speaking to a genuine employee or not. 

Based on the information you have given us, I can confirm that they are an employee. 

If you need help with anything else, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, 

Thank you. 
that person offered me a deal that no one else but them seem able to trace or be able to offer, but I really wanted to be able to go down a usual channel (ie use the virgin phone number rather than his mobile number) 

is there a number for a team he works on that I can call that isn’t a mobile please? 

thank you so much, Eloise 

Thanks for coming back to us @EloDot with the information that you have provided, this would be a sales agent and you can reach them on 0800 183 1234.

Regards,

Steven_L

Brilliant, thank you 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome EloDot. 

Let us know if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat