cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM email hacked

Henna123
Joining in

Hello there, I have a Virgin Media email address that I have been able to receive emails in, but not send since leaving VM about 2 years ago.

I suspect that my account is been hacked but am unable to change my password (as I am no longer a customer).

Is there any way I can get this account closed down completely so that all emails are deleted and no more emails can be sent to this address.

I’m quite worried as I had this address for over a decade before moving to a rural location where VM broadband is not available so forced to switch to a new provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Henna123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll be happy to help you with this via PM, get some details and then raise with IT. Their timescales are 3-5 working days.

Sending PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Henna123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll be happy to help you with this via PM, get some details and then raise with IT. Their timescales are 3-5 working days.

Sending PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM Henna123

Just to update the thread, the deletion has been raised with IT

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Henna123

Thanks for messaging but please don't send a PM without being asked too 🙂

I've checked the ticket and IT are still working on it. I've given them a nudge.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks John,

I am sorry. I’m a novice to this!

I’ll give it another week and see and check again.

Hello 

I’m still able to send emails to my old email address without any bounce back.

I’m very concerned that my email was hacked prior to requesting the closure of my email address. There are some accounts from companies in liquidation that I can not update my contact details with who are still using this address to send updates regarding a payment.

Please can I have an update of when my old address will be closed? 

Hi @Henna123,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Can you please check and confirm if there's been any change/update on your end?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Just checked and no change here. I am unable to access my old virginmedia emails, and I can still send emails to the old address without them bouncing back.

Hi @Henna123,

What happens when you try to access the old account? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It says that no password has been entered. I know the password was compromised but couldn’t update it as I’m no longer a virgin media customer.