Menu
Katiegolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VIRGIN scam gave details

My Nan just had a call from 08001836403 claiming to be virgin, (sounded like a cal centre with an Indian sounding guy talking) I spoke to them and said I was her granddaughter so could talk on her behalf and confirmed her name and address (rookie mistake I know!)

they said she needed a new box where her one is so old and they can send it out via post if we can plug it in ourselves which I said we can. He asked when someone will be here so I said someone has to come to sign for parcels as she can’t answer the door herself. 

I said il speak to my dad as he deals with the account get him to call back, they said no that will cost a lot he rings back as the deal is only available now and they can send a courier and day or over the weekend..... which is when I became suspicious. 

What should I do? I’m really worried I have given to much info to them about my Nan being on her own or were they after bank details? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VIRGIN scam gave details

afaik the number is Virgin marketing dept so not a scam - i dont think you need to worry - you can opt out of marketing calls - or your nan can - you/she need to log into her account

will ask VM to confirm and they also may be able to get any more calls stopped

@ModTeam can someone confirm the number is genuine and reassure the poster

Tony
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As Tony says, this is VM marketing,

There is an official response from VM here to a similar post from last year.

0 Kudos
Katiegolf
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys. Good to know i didnt confirm nans details to a scammer!

nan said they have called 3/4 times today already and the guy was quiet pushy about upgrading the box!

thank you for your reassurance!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

keep an eye on things - it would not be the first time the user has sad no and they have gone ahead and done the upgrade 

Tony
0 Kudos