cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited text message regarding switching from Virgin Media

Srmahta618
Joining in

Hi, I switched to Virgin Broadbnd and Phone  in March 2022 and things have been fine so far.

However, yesterday (18th June 2022) I suddenly received a text message from Virgin Media, saying:

---

Oops, something isn't quite right with your switching request, not to worry, give us a call on 789 and we will take care of it.

---

I have not made any such requests recently (or since I switched to Virgin). Should I be worried that something is being done to my account either because of an error or by an unauthorised person; or can I safely ignore it? I tried to call 789 from my Virgin landline and it does not seem to work.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

789 is the customer service number for Virgin Mobile.  Do you have a VM mobile account as well as broadband and landline phone?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Srmahta618,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've received a text like this! 

Is your phone number working okay at the moment since you've switched to Virgin Mobile? Have you noticed any other issues?

Please let us know so we can investigate this further for you and do our best to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs