Menu
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unblock This Website Please!

Hi there,

My name is Mark, owner of a site known as Xbox Tavern. It's come to our attention that you have blocked users from accessing our site (https://www.xboxtavern.com). Can you please lift the restriction? Yesterday, Netcraft listed our site as a Phishing site due to an error on their end via an automated system (a false-positive, they called it). They have since lifted the listing, apologized for the problem, as have many other outlets and providers. May you please do the same? The site is clearly clean and safe.

Our host, and myself, have tried emailing websafefeedback@virginmedia.co.uk

No response as of yet, and I would hope to get this resolved on this side of Christmas.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unblock This Website Please!

you are not likely to get a reply from VM on here before chirstmas

0 Kudos
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

One can dream, right? Smiley Happy

Thank you. Hopefully someone picks it up beforehand, or, someone replies via the email. Nevertheless, it would be a massive help to get it lifted sooner than later.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

staff can't reply by email they will reply to here. So remember to check back for a reply

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

More than likely the false positive will clear itself — looks like it already has.

0 Kudos
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Do they do that? It's been a nightmare! One moment everything is well, the next, everything is hell. Regardless as to how clean and safe the site was...

Netcraft's false-positive was naturally sent out, and caused domino effects for us through most major browsers and providers. I spent the best part of yesterday manually emailing most of them to remedy the issue. I'm just waiting on Virgin and Edge.

It's a shame there isn't a way to check which providers have blocked access, I'm literally hanging onto user feedback. When you say it will clear itself, do you mean that (with a bit of time) the few strays will eventually get caught up to speed?
0 Kudos
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hearing reports that the block has been lifted. I'll give it 12 hours and respond here with an update.

0 Kudos
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Error fixed. Thank you.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey dont mention it.You are more than welcome. Merry Christmas!

Also

Have you managed to get this sorted since you posted?

As in Vm did sod all their end.

A problem fixed in a day IS NOT a problem fixed by VM.....Just sayin.....

0 Kudos
XboxTavern
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Smiley Happy

Thank you my friend!

Yes it got fixed. Sadly I don't even know how it got fixed as there was no dialogue or discussion with Virgin anywhere on my end. I'm guessing it may have been automated or something? Since the last safe-report? I have no clue.

Netcraft should really investigate their reports before taking action though, it's been a nightmare!

Thank you again, and have a lovely Christmas Smiley Happy

0 Kudos