cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text to verify

yetanotherlogin
On our wavelength

I received a text stating that I had not verified my details and my services may be terminated. Links to[REMOVED] Checked my account and all details correct. I am treating this as a scam. Can you please confirm that it is a scam as no online way to communicate with you guys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a scam and I'd delete the URL from the message as it's definitely not a Virgin Media one. The hyphen in it is the thing that makes it look like it's a valid virgin.net address but it's whole URL that is the actual name so it's fake.

Also checking the URL at https://www.whois.com/whois it was only registered two days ago and is all GDPR blanked which I'm pretty sure means it's been registered as personal domain, not for a company.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a scam and I'd delete the URL from the message as it's definitely not a Virgin Media one. The hyphen in it is the thing that makes it look like it's a valid virgin.net address but it's whole URL that is the actual name so it's fake.

Also checking the URL at https://www.whois.com/whois it was only registered two days ago and is all GDPR blanked which I'm pretty sure means it's been registered as personal domain, not for a company.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider reporting to 7726, read more here How to report scam texts and mobile calls to 7726 - Ofcom

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks