cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text scam or genuine?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I did speak to Virgin Mobile today. Still surprised though to receive this text from a mobile, but I did  respond assuming it was genuine.. However, afterwards did an online check of the number, and found on google people say it was a scam. 

Would Virgin Mobile send a text out like this after a call?

Hi (my name) thank you for calling Virgin Media, you spoke with (person I potentially spoke with). Based on this interaction how likely are you to recommend Virgin Media? Please reply with a score from 0 (Not Likely) to 10 (Very Likely). Msg & data rates may apply, text STOP to unsubscribe.

If we were to reward XXX, what would you like us to give them? Please reply with 1 (large reward), 2 (medium reward), 3 (small reward) or 4 (no reward).

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you please advise the number that texted you?

It sounds genuine as it hasn't asked for any details or asked you to click any links but we would be happy to check with the number for you 🙂

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

H_awx2022
Tuning in

Seems like usual feedback after a call being handled by a customer service representative, however, to be on the safe side, you do not have to respond. Ignore it as you see fit, there is no harm in doing so.

Anankha
Problem sorter

I’ve received these feedback texts after calling various companies incl VM so are normal.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could you please advise the number that texted you?

It sounds genuine as it hasn't asked for any details or asked you to click any links but we would be happy to check with the number for you 🙂

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

+4478833xxx . . . Thanks for your help. This is the number. 

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

Who called me says the number is a 3 network number & has been reported for survey scams. 
https://who-called.co.uk/Number/0788330xxx

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Hi SelkieLassie,

Thanks for coming back to us. This is a genuine number from Virgin Mobile number, once we have dealt with a customer’s query, we then send them a text messaging asking how we did.

This is for feedback purposes only and is not compulsory to answer.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for putting my mind at rest over this!

No problem at all @Anonymous

You did the right thing by checking 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

Hi Jodi,

I had the same text just now, from the number ending 323 - claiming I spoke to JHUNREY - I haven't called VM for months.

Should I be concerned? Has someone called claiming to be me ?

Thanks.